Applies basic skills and advanced skills using tools and equipment appropriate for welding. Specialize in one of several processes of welding. Works under direct supervision and follows standard procedures and written instructions to accomplish assigned welding tasks.
· Resolves routine questions and problems and refers more complex issues to higher levels.
· Accurately interpret and apply information from work orders, job orders, specifications, blueprints, ISO’s or other drawings and recognize basic blueprint terms and symbols for job application.
· Identify, recognize and demonstrate safe usage of hand tools and power tools appropriate for the job.
· Recognize various materials used in the craft and demonstrate a working knowledge of appropriate material handling techniques.
· Select and safely use appropriate equipment, which may include, but not limited to: man lifts, forklifts, and company trucks.
· Identify, recognize and demonstrate safe usage of appropriate personal protective equipment for the craft.
· Weld Materials such as stainless steel, mild steel and aluminum.
· Plan work by interpreting blueprints.
· Select and set up welding equipment based on safety guidelines.
· Ensure welds meet standards and specifications.
· Grind and finish welds to make aesthetically appealing.
· De-burring of metal parts using both powered and non-powered means.
· Washing, stripping and painting of finished metal products.
· Attention to details.
· Perform daily housekeeping tasks (5S) and preventative maintenance tasks.
· Follow safety guidelines for the shop.
· The employee must participate in safety meetings, safety programs and the quality process.
· Clean, wrap, move and load completed product to prepare for shipping.
· Vocational certificate for related field, preferred.
· 5+ years of welding experience preferred.
· Ability to read and understand blueprints.
· Ability to communicate effectively verbally.
· Work requires strong attention to detail and high focus on safety and quality.
· Ability to use basic hand tools and power tools.
· Able to safely operate 6,000lb forklift.
· Ability to read measuring devices.
· Basic Math skills required.
· Ability to safely operate equipment (welder, torch, plasma cutter, grinder, material handling equipment)
· Ability to distinguish the various thickness and type of material.
· Must pass both written and welding skills test on material in use.
· Knowledge of de-burring, grinding, polishing and striping is desirable.
· Stainless TIG welding skills required.